Finding the right phone systems for small businesses can be a hard job since the market is flooded with similar solutions. It is important to consider the features offered by each phone system, and make sure the price reflects the functionality provided. The systems below are listed from the cheapest to the most expensive one.
These are our top 7 phone systems for small businesses in 2017.
1. Ooma Office
With the Ooma VoIP phone system, users can easily add extensions such as ring groups or virtual faxes. Your callers can also get directed to specific departments by virtual receptionists. This receptionist can be customized for business hours, holidays and after hours.
The service also has a text-to-speech feature. As an alternative, you can send audio messages.
- Is affordable.
- Is easy to set up.
- Has an attractive interface.
- The company will charge you for extra extensions, conference bridges, and fax lines.
Price: $9.99 to $19.99 per month.
2. Cisco Phone System
Cisco is one of the best phone systems for small businesses. This solution will synchronize your contacts across all your devices, making communication a lot easier. Also, it allows you to move from one device to another during video conferences seamlessly.
The phone system enables users to share files as large as 5GB. It also features screen sharing capabilities. The company has designed this system with end-to-end encryption for better security.
- Can integrate with many other programs.
- Is highly secure.
- Allows users to communicate efficiently.
- The customer support is not very helpful.
Price: $12 to $35 per month.
3. RingCentral Virtual Phone System
Users of RingCentral can use softphones, meaning they can receive calls on their desktop devices. This is why many people consider it to be one of the best phone systems for small businesses. To use this feature, you have to download their desktop app and purchase headsets.
The system also allows you to develop custom greetings for your callers, after which they will be directed to specific departments. With the RingCentral smartphone app, you can pick calls over the internet.
- Offers instant alerts via email.
- Does not involve set up or activation fees.
- Offers customer support through the phone or internet.
- Is quite expensive for small businesses.
Price: $12.99 to $49.99 per month.
4. 8X8 Phone System
8X8 is one of the best cloud-based phone systems for small businesses. The company has developed an app for Android and iPhone devices which have the purpose of operating the phone system. With this app, users can make video calls and use the regular features of the service. Through the system, users can also send instant messages.
To keep your callers entertained, the service plays music when calls are on hold. You can also use it to set up ring groups and automated attendants. You can easily hold video conferences over this service.
- Has excellent customer support. The company handles all upgrades and maintenance of the systems.
- Is easy to use and has a wide range of useful features.
- This phone system is affordable.
- Has a 99.997 percent uptime.
- Does not require users to install or maintain any equipment.
- One can access it on both Android and iPhone devices.
- The company does not offer 24/7 customer support for issues if they cannot find any connection to the network.
Price: $19.99- $29.99 per month.
5. Mitel’s MiCloud Office
The Mitel system easily integrates with mobile phones. It also doesn’t require any installation or maintenance as it is cloud-based. With this solution, you will be able to access unlimited calling, whether local or long-distance.
It also provides on-hold music, automated attendants, conference calling and call analytics. It integrates seamlessly with many popular CRM software, including Salesforce.
- The company guarantees a 99.999 percent uptime. It even offers to compensate users if the systems ever go down.
- It offers a voicemail-to-email feature.
- The company provides 24/7 customer support.
- It allows employees to communicate over video calls and through instant messages.
- Doesn’t offer speech-to-text transcription.
Price: $19 to $29 per month.
6. Avaya Office
This phone system is available as an on-premise or cloud-based solution. Avaya Office offers lots of useful features. These include an automatic callback, automated attendants, voicemail-to-email and on-hold music. Also, users can shift between calls easily.
Users can also install Avaya Communicator. One can use this tool for communication among employees. This feature allows employees to see who is online and to send instant messages to each other.
- You can use it for video calling.
- Is an affordable phone system.
- The company upgrades and maintains the cloud-based systems.
- Users can access their customer support through live chats or by filing online help tickets. For some issues, the company advises you to contact a local reseller for help.
- You have to handle your own maintenance if you go for the on-premise solution.
Price: $25 per month for cloud-based solutions, a one-time fee of $500 to $550 per user for on-premise solutions.
The ShoreTel system allows users to route calls to different queues. Agents can serve in more than one queue at any given time by using the multi-queue login feature.
ShoreTel can integrate with any CRM software, although some may require a bit of configuration. Another interesting feature of this system is the ‘listen, whisper and barge’ tool. This feature allows supervisors to listen to calls and advise their subordinates accordingly without the client knowing.
- The company offers this product as a cloud-based and on-premise solution.
- One can use it with iPhone and Android devices.
- Provides useful analytics.
- Is quite expensive.
Price: $54 to $105 per month.
There are lots of phone systems for small businesses available on the market. We have helped you narrow down your choices to the seven solutions listed above. Be sure to choose one that will suit the exact size of your company. In addition to the monthly charges, you should consider the cost of maintenance and upgrades.